It is never cheap to prepare for the arrival of your newborn but if you know where to look you can easily get the help you need. I recommend browsing through reviews of baby monitors, pushchairs, baby and child car seats, and more before making any large purchases.
You will discover that the differences between the low-scorers and the highly recommended products are huge and that products priced higher are not necessarily the best. Reading through reviews before making a purchase means that you will be investing in the best products possible for both you and your newborn.
Freegle and Freecycle are two free-to-use websites for cheap and free baby equipment. They comprise
Even if it is not free, you can consider hiring baby equipment. For example, you can hire pushchairs and other items from NCT, the Parents’ charity. However, check out reviews of different pushchairs before you choose a particular model to hire. It is also important to undertake safety checks before you start using. You can even use an expert guide to find the best pushchair or you can simply check it out in a store then hire it from a different provider.
If you would like to save money, you should consider buying used baby equipment. The link below contains a guide to second-hand baby products should help you learn about all you need to know.
If you have had a baby in the last 12 months or are pregnant, you can get free dental care and prescriptions for mums.
New or expectant mothers are exempt from paying for NHS dental treatment as well as prescriptions.
You will have to apply for a maternity exemption certificate by requesting the midwife or doctor for application form FW8 that they should sign. The certificate covers you for 12 months after the due date. In case the baby is born late, you can still apply for an extension that covers the baby’s first 12 months.
Free vouchers, coupons, and products samples
- Boots Parenting Club: For every £1 you spend on baby products you will receive 10 Advantage Card points, special offers, gifts, and free magazines.
- Beaming Baby: Free baby bath sachets and organic baby wipes, advice on disposable vs washable nappies, and free eco nappies.
- Bebevita: Money off vouchers, free weaning spoon
- Babies R Us Mother & Baby Club: Personal shopping advice, money-off vouchers, special offers from partners, and exclusive offers that cater to the baby’s stage of development.
- Aptaclub: Checklists, how-to guides, offers, personalized emails that cater to each stage of the pregnancy, and 24/7 nutritional advice from experts.
- Free Stuff Baby: Offers free stuff and free samples including nappies, baby wipes, creams and more.
If you wish to stay in the know about competitions and special offers, you should follow brands on social media.
I hope that enjoy the tips provided on the best way to get free or cheap baby stuff. Please share with any savings tips not listed here.